Assistance for configuring the failsafe settings for the drone in emergency situations.
FlytNow offers a number of failsafe mechanisms to aid in safe and controlled emergency landings in events where vehicle control is lost.
- Once the drone has been added and is online on the FlytNow dashboard, click on Settings from the right corner of the screen.
- In Settings, select a drone from the drop-down box at the top left corner. Now, click on Failsafe to view and configure failsafe settings.
Failsafe settings for the selected drone
This table is an outline of the available failsafe events and their behaviours. Users can set the failsafe actions and trigger values (time/percentage) as per their flight environments.
Low Battery Failsafe
The drone will perform the set action when the drone's battery percentage drops below the specified configurable threshold.
It is to prevent the drone from crashing or getting lost due to a depleting battery. When the battery level drops to the set battery failsafe percentage, the failsafe is triggered. This prevents the drone from reaching critical battery far from home. But when action is set to "No Action" then the drone will continue the mission.
RTH Land No Action
Critical Battery Failsafe
The drone will Land when the drone's battery percentage drops below the specified configurable threshold.
It automatically initiates the landing process when the battery level reaches a critical level, as the drone's battery is too low to perform any action. This ensures that the drone doesn't run out of power mid-flight, potentially causing damage or harm to the drone and the surrounding.
Drone LTE Link Loss
The drone will perform the set action if the network connectivity on the device running the FlytNow Mobile Application or FlytOS is lost for the specified configurable threshold.
This occur because distance from the drone to the LTE network tower, environmental interference, signal obstruction, or hardware issues, contribute to the loss of LTE link.
RTH Land Hover No Action
RC Link Loss
The drone will perform the set action if the connection between the drone's RC and the drone's autopilot is lost.
It can be due to interference from other radio frequencies or obstacles in environment, or RC reaches low battery, or is out of range. Therefore, it is important for the operators to maintain a strong RC link with the drone in order to maintain control.
RTH Land Hover No Action
FlytZip Link Loss
The drone will perform the set action if there is a weak internet network connectivity on the FlytNow web page or is closed on the device while running the mission.
Occurs when the FlytNow dashboard is no longer connected cloud through the internet. As the operator loses visibility and drone controls when their dashboard is disconnected, this failsafe event becomes crucial.
RTH Land Hover No Action
This table outlines the available failsafe actions and their behaviours. Users can set the failsafe actions as per their flight environments.
Behaviour when Action is executed
Return To Home (RTH)
The drone will proceed to its home location and land.
The drone will land at it's current location.
The drone will continue with it's set actions.
The drone will hover at its current location and the user is required to take back manual control of the drone from the FlytNow dashboard or from the RC.
When Low Battery Failsafe has already been triggered and takeoff is given, the vehicle will take off to the set take-off altitude (1.2m for DJI drones) and land immediately.
When Critical Battery Failsafe has already been triggered and take-off is given, the vehicle will not take off.
The vehicle will continue with the set Failsafe action even after the connection is regained.
If the FlytZip Link Loss trigger value is set for less than 10 seconds, then FlytNow Link Loss Failsafe will get triggered even if there is no loss in connection.
- The failsafe will get triggered when the drone loses RC connection till the set trigger value.
- For DJI Mavic 2 series drones (including the enterprise series) the behaviour is as described in the DJI manual. FlytZip enables the RTH at the current altitude option in DJI settings.
- The drone will travel at the current altitude to the home location if the distance between the drone and the home location is more than 5m and less than 20m.
- The drone will land at the current location if the drone is less than 20m away from the home location.
- The drone will achieve the RTH altitude if the current location is more than 20m and the current altitude is below the RTH altitude level.
- The drone will proceed to the home location if the current location is more than 20m and the altitude is higher than the RTH altitude level.
- The drone may gain altitude if the drone senses any obstacles during RTH. Please read the DJI product manual for detailed information.
Failsafe Actions can be aborted by clicking Abort after the connection is regained for Drone LTE link loss, RC link loss & FlytZip link loss.